Last Tuesday started our CSA. Man, oh man are we drowning in produce.
Check it out!
Thank goodness we are splitting our full share with a friend. We have eaten tons of salad this week.
Things I have learned/bonuses:
- Salad Turnips are fantastic! They are mild and yummy.
- I can tolerate Radishes.
- I now know what Bok Choy is and I now have a recipe to use it. (see below)
- I now own and use a salad spinner. These veggies sure needed a wash. (Sadly I don’t normally wash my produce)
- D has lost a bit of weight.
Things I have not learned/demerits:
- How to keep the parsley, chive and basil plants alive. So far they aren’t healthy.
- How to quit snacking at night.
- How to keep store the mounds of lettuce we get.
- How to lose weight myself.
Bok Choy Recipe (on the bottom right in the photo)
1 Head of bok choy
4-6 Garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 cup Soy sauce
2 Tbsp Honey
- Chop the bok choy stem like celery.
- Roll leaves and slice in strips, set aside.
- Add oil and bok choy stems to the pan.
- After softening a bit, add garlic.
- Add soy sauce.
- Add honey.
- Serve over rice with Teriyaki Chicken.