- I’m going to get the blog back on track… With food.
Food you say? But you’re a mom blog.
Yes that’s true but food is at the very heart of every family. And so I’m going to come back with a recipe.
Lately getting food on the table has become so much more difficult. On an average day I don’t end up getting home until 6:30. And my counters aren’t clean enough to cook anything. And I’m not prepared enough to make anything ahead of time. And the baby screams like a banshee. My son runs around like a wild man. And so… I make pasta.
( this could explain my recent weight gain)
Pasta is versatile but every once in awhile can get boring. So I went a little crazy and made my own sauce. 2 words people, Bacon. Pesto. Hurrah. This is a combination that should always be together.
Here’s the recipe
- half a pound of your favorite cooked pasta
- 1 to 2 cooked and chopped chicken breasts
- handful fresh basil leaves – sprigs of fresh parsley sage and oregano
- 20 to 30 pine nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 piece cooked bacon, crumbled
Combine everything except the pasta and chicken in a blender. Blend until smooth. Heat through. Add pasta and chicken. Parmesan to top. Enjoy!